GMUSG Conference & Trade Expo
Based on the current reporting of COVID infections in Australia and having obtained independent professional health advice the GMUSG Board would like to model best practice behaviour at the upcoming conference and trade expo to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Please make yourself familiar with our COVID Safety Policy and requirements.
COVID Safety Policy
Attendees are reminded not to attend if:
• They are feeling unwell and displaying COVID-19 symptoms (loss or change in sense of smell or taste, fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and runny nose),
• Are a household contact with a person with COVID-19 (with a positive test) within the last 7 days
• Mask wearing will be mandatory in the auditorium where social distancing is not possible and highly recommended in all other internal spaces during the two-day conference.
• Delegates to use own discretion on masks wearing for the pre-conference welcome drinks as social distancing will be possible.
• Please bring your own mask, however there will be masks available at the conference registration desk.
• A COVID rapid antigen test (RAT) must be undertaken prior to attending the conference. People will be asked to declare that they have had a negative RAT result that they have no COVID symptoms and that they are not a household or a close contact of a person with COVID-19 see the SA Health household and close contact guidelines.
Other measures that have been implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19 include:
• Pre-registered and ticketed event.
• Masks available at registration
• Density and capacity limits will be adhered to
• Hand sanitisation stations
• Reminders around social distancing and effective venue spacing
• Reduced congestion at entry and exit points and at booths
• Contactless catering and regular surface sanitizing
All attendees at the Conference will be required to comply with the COVIDSafe guidelines and protocols in place at the conference venue, which will be aligned and compliant with all relevant Government health advice during this time.
At the Conference, participants will be reminded to social distance where possible and follow the instructions of ushers when entering the auditorium, exhibitor hall, or in public areas.
Being COVIDSafe is a shared responsibility, and we want you to enjoy and make the most of the 18th annual GMUSG Conference and Trade Expo in a safe way. We appreciate your cooperation in helping protect one another and keeping our regional community safe.